Today is the day when those with Irish roots (such as myself),
and those not so much so, celebrate those roots.
For a bit of history on Saint Patrick, legend tells that he was responsible for driving the snakes from Ireland.
Yeah, not like that… more like this…
The snakes were most likely actually a metaphor for the native pagan believers. Legend also includes other tales, such as Patrick using the clover to illustrate the Trinity to the locals, which sounds like an adoption of older symbolism as can be found in other Christian symbolism.
As I posted the other day there are some free holiday appropriate tunes available, check my other post here.
- Saint Patrick’s Day (whatisanime.wordpress.com)
- Happy Saint Patrick’s Day (granolacatholic.blogspot.com)
- Thoughts on St. Patrick’s Day: Saints or Sinners? (marcyda.wordpress.com)
- The celebrations project – St Patrick’s Day (islandfairy.wordpress.com)
- St Patrick’s Day explained…and there’s no Guinness involved. (islandfairy.wordpress.com)
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! (chiefwritingwolf.com)
- St Patrick’s Day Facts (news.nationalgeographic.com)
- Free Tunes for St Pats (laith.wordpress.com)