We got set up at the local coffee shop near my office, the Village Bean.
By 8am we were all ready to go, books set out. Now we just needed people to arrive to get their morning caffeine fix
Two crazy and fun hours later… all 20 copies had found new homes.
If you had the chance to take part, please leave a comment about your thoughts on the event. If you didn’t, please consider helping out with this worthy and fun cause next year.
[UPDATE: 4/27/12] The girls and I also recorded a segment about this for How To Grow Your Geek, the podcast posted there today.
- World Book Night Update (laith.wordpress.com)
- World Book Night 2012 Part 2 (sallyjenkins.wordpress.com)
- World Book Night 2012 (daniellebeauvais.com)
- HTGYG #128: World Book Night and Kevin’s Favorite Books (howtogrowyourgeek.net)
- World Book Night 2012 (keystrokesandwordcounts.wordpress.com)
- World Book Night (confesionsofabookaholic.wordpress.com)
World Book Night is a really interesting effort to put books into the hands of light or non-regular readers. “Get them interested and hopefully they will read more”, is the general idea.
The event is April 23rd, UNESCO International Day of the Book, the date of Shakespeare ‘s birth as well as his and Cervantes deaths (April 23rd 1616)
Anyway I had signed up and recently got the confirmation that on April 23rd 2012 I will be joining many others across the country (and the UK) in giving out 20 free copies of a book I’ve read and enjoyed. My current plans are to give them out at a local coffee shop near my office (More details on where and when closer to the time).
Anyway the organizers have decided to extend the deadline to register to Feb 6th at Midnight EST. So if you are interested head over and sign up tonight or tomorrow!
- World Book Night: I’m A Giver! (roofbeamreader.net)
- World Book Night (sincerelymsamy.wordpress.com)
- Morning Meanderings… World Book Night Needs YOU! (bookjourney.wordpress.com)
- Hey book lovers, be a bookgiver on World Book Night, April 23, 2012 (mondaysbalcony.com)