Sorry for the delay on this.
A few weeks ago (just before my little holiday blogging break) my guest post for Dan Absalonson’s Movie Memories blog series went live, it is #9 in the series.
My wonderful wife Sally also submitted a post for the series. You can find her excellent post here.
Movie Memories is the third of the “Memories” guest blog series which I’ve participated in, they have all been a lot of fun.
Dan is an excellent writer and highly creative individual, head over and check out his other stuff.
As always you can find links to my other content on my Other Works page.
Back just before Christmas, rarasaur nominated me for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award.
With the chaos of the holidays and such it has taken me a bit of time to get my acceptance post and nominations pulled together.
This award is a bit of an odd one, the requirements are a touch open ended; but here I go. (Rules at the end)
A Great Reader Is…someone who engages with what they read; be it news, blog posts or books. A great reader enjoys what they are into and tries to return that joy to the world in some form.
My nominations for the award are the following
- Sheila of Book Journey – for being an avid reader and book reviewer, passing on her love of good books to the world.
- N. E. White – for her efforts to bring good stories to others and engaging other bloggers in good conversation.
- Jennifer Eaton – writer, blogger and engaged reader; as well as her Write a Story with Me collaborative writing project.
- ChyronDave of My Two Cents – another engaged blogger and avid reader.
Looking at this list I notice that I seem to keep nominating some of the same folks for these things, but since we share interests I guess this makes sense. If I ever get nominated again I’ll try to spread it around a bit better, there are a lot of great blogs I read but I can only nominate so many.
Here are the WTMRA recipient rules: Read more…
Certainly a nice way to start my Sunday morning. There I was just reading a bit while my coffee finished waking me up when my blog notifier pinged a new comment.
Wow, just wow. I certainly don’t feel that I am worthy of this level of recognition, however it is great to know that there are people out there who find my writings interesting. Now I follow a number of great blogs, I wish I could bestow it on all of them. However I will try to keep it down to just a few of the best of the best.
So Here Are My Nominations:
- Sheila at Book Journey, her blog is one of my favorite book blogs out there. She posts interesting stuff regularly, including a lot of well thought out book reviews.
- Anita King, of Anita M King – Writing Window. Anita puts up a lot of great content for aspiring writers.
- Travel Between The Pages. A blog full of great content, both directly and indirectly related to books. This site takes submissions from other writers so congrats to those who contribute.
- The writers over at STEAMED! This one is full of great Steampunk related content, with an emphasis on writing in that genre.
- Payal of Steamboat Friday a really positive blog, the content she posts is always interesting.
- And not to seem to obvious but I have to give a shout to Roger Colby of Writing is Hard Work. His writing about his writing efforts have been very inspiring. So even if he had not nominated me he would have made my list.
Well another week down, and strangely despite the theme for week 2 being easier (I think) no one has guessed it. So I’m going to give that week another few days before giving the answer. Any takers for week 2 or week 3?
Anyway, this past week has been more than a little crazy so some of the stuff I was expecting to announce hasn’t been completed just yet. So I’ll just fill you in on some of the details.
Last weekend we had the opportunity to head down to Kansas City for Con X. As you saw last week, my wife and I attended under a press pass. It was a blast and the entire family had a great time!
In the near future my convention report and other materials will be appearing through various sites. I’m working of getting the recordings cleaned up and ready to go.
Keep your eye on the blog (and social media) for the links.
Anyway, it has been a week since I issued my first challenge.
There were several good responses to the theme of the first week, including several I hadn’t thought of. The intended theme was just as simple as authors of frequently banned or challenged books. As I said in the comments it just shows how different people will interpret things differently.
I think that while no one guessed it that I will give the point to tmso anyway since she came up with such good possiblities.
What do you think the theme was this week?
Well, I started off the new year with good intentions. Blog more, get a few other projects rolling, finish more book reviews…
My plan now is to try for a minimum of one post each week, currently I’m going to go with Sundays. I’ve also got a few reviews in process with a third book about 2/3 complete and a potential guest post as well.
So, back in the chair, fingers on keys, get it done!