The other day I was pleased to see that Kim @ Tranquil Dreams had named me in her acceptance post for the One Lovely Blog Award. Merci.
Kim posts a lot of very interesting content regularly, if you haven’t already go check it out.
While I’m not positive just what aspects of my ramblings qualify me for the award, it is always nice to be appreciated. So here goes:
Now for the rules of this awards:
1. Thank the person that gave the award to you.
2. List seven things about yourself
3. Pass it along to seven others
Seven Things About Me (in no specific order)
- I grew up in Kansas City
- I’ve worked and performed in professional theater.
- I’m a 20+ year amateur radio operator.
- I spent over 45 minutes down the rabbit hole of blogs who received the award.
- I miss the ocean…
- I’m a proud father (ask anyone)
- I really don’t like doing “list # things about yourself” lists
Seven Others Deserving Recognition
- Errantry – Beautiful artwork
- J. R. Blackwell – J.R. is an amazing photographer and creative.
- Pictures for Froghopper – Pretty pictures, almost every day. (Yes, yes I know I’ve awarded her other blog)
- Serving Worlds – if you haven’t read or heard John’s work go check it out. Really… I’ll wait.
- Lizbeth’s Garden – crafts, poetry and other interesting stuff.
- Bookworm With A View – reviews and ramblings about life
- Vintage Movie Posters – Posts about posters, more interesting than you would think.
Give them a look too, if you like my stuff you may like them too.
Back just before Christmas, rarasaur nominated me for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award.
With the chaos of the holidays and such it has taken me a bit of time to get my acceptance post and nominations pulled together.
This award is a bit of an odd one, the requirements are a touch open ended; but here I go. (Rules at the end)
A Great Reader Is…someone who engages with what they read; be it news, blog posts or books. A great reader enjoys what they are into and tries to return that joy to the world in some form.
My nominations for the award are the following
- Sheila of Book Journey – for being an avid reader and book reviewer, passing on her love of good books to the world.
- N. E. White – for her efforts to bring good stories to others and engaging other bloggers in good conversation.
- Jennifer Eaton – writer, blogger and engaged reader; as well as her Write a Story with Me collaborative writing project.
- ChyronDave of My Two Cents – another engaged blogger and avid reader.
Looking at this list I notice that I seem to keep nominating some of the same folks for these things, but since we share interests I guess this makes sense. If I ever get nominated again I’ll try to spread it around a bit better, there are a lot of great blogs I read but I can only nominate so many.
Here are the WTMRA recipient rules: Read more…
Certainly a nice way to start my Sunday morning. There I was just reading a bit while my coffee finished waking me up when my blog notifier pinged a new comment.
Wow, just wow. I certainly don’t feel that I am worthy of this level of recognition, however it is great to know that there are people out there who find my writings interesting. Now I follow a number of great blogs, I wish I could bestow it on all of them. However I will try to keep it down to just a few of the best of the best.
So Here Are My Nominations:
- Sheila at Book Journey, her blog is one of my favorite book blogs out there. She posts interesting stuff regularly, including a lot of well thought out book reviews.
- Anita King, of Anita M King – Writing Window. Anita puts up a lot of great content for aspiring writers.
- Travel Between The Pages. A blog full of great content, both directly and indirectly related to books. This site takes submissions from other writers so congrats to those who contribute.
- The writers over at STEAMED! This one is full of great Steampunk related content, with an emphasis on writing in that genre.
- Payal of Steamboat Friday a really positive blog, the content she posts is always interesting.
- And not to seem to obvious but I have to give a shout to Roger Colby of Writing is Hard Work. His writing about his writing efforts have been very inspiring. So even if he had not nominated me he would have made my list.